Pages

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Hmm... A handheld roguelike would be nice...

handheld roguelike conceptBB Gadgets has started what could hopefully evolve into a groundbreaking discussion. A discussion that might even convince someone to actually go on and produce a cheap console for everyone's beloved roguelikes. Probably even for roguelike-likes like the utterly impressive (and incredibly power hungry) Dwarf Fortress. A discussion, as you should have already figured, about handheld consoles focused on ASCII rpgoids of the NetHack variety. Now, read on, read on...

Related posts: Solar powered Mario gaming, the Pong watch, The Legend of Zelda TI-83, Pokemon calc

5 comments:

  1. The DS has 3 roguelikes from homebrew that I know of:

    Powder
    Nethack
    DSCrawl

    I'm hardly a roguelike expert, but I liked Power the most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mankind once again thanks you dear guttertalk...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Text only handheld RPGs? I think I'd need more convincing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I can say, is try NetHack and see if it can convince you oh Father!

    ReplyDelete
  5. NetHack doesn't work on my PSP slim m-33 v3.77. CR*P!!!

    ReplyDelete